Supporting regional Australians to take control of their business through the drought
To be eligible for an AgBiz Drought loan, your small business must be or have been supplying goods or services relating to primary production to farm businesses located in an affected area.
Manage your small business through the drought
Use this loan to refinance your debt, pay for operating expenses, pay suppliers or pay salaries, wages and rent.
You can check the location of farm businesses in affected areas by entering their address or GPS coordinates into the eligible area map at the bottom of this page.
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- contribute at least 75% of your labour to the small business (under normal circumstances)
- earn at least 50% of your income from the small business (under normal circumstances)
- is not a farm business
- has fewer than 20 employees other than casual employees
- supplies goods or services relating to primary production to farm businesses in affected areas
- has had a reduction in the turnover; or an increase in unsecured debt as a result of drought
- is in financial need of a loan
- has the capacity to repay the loan
- is financially viable in the long term
- has existing commercial debt
- is registered for tax purposes in Australia with an ABN and is registered for GST
- operates as a sole trader, trust, partnership or private company
- is not under external administration or bankruptcy
- provide security for the loan
- secure the support of your commercial lender for the proposed loan
- repay the loan