Reach to the sky! – Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
Desktop accounting software has had its time. The advent of a range of cloud-based accounting software systems means that no-one has to be tied to their desktop anymore.
We are passionate advocates of cloud-based accounting systems here at Salisburys. In fact, all of our bookkeeping and financial reporting systems are delivered via the cloud, so it’s time for you to take flight…
Xero accounting packages
Salisbury’s recommends Xero cloud based accounting software, and offers a range of transparent and inclusive packages based on Xero.
Find a Xero accounting package that suits you below. Note that we are able to offer customised packages – fully catered to your business and your requirements.
From $275 per month
- Xero Accounting Subscription
- Annual Accounts Review & Business Tax Return (Note: price will vary due to complexity of your year end reporting)
- Annual skype or face-to-face business performance review meeting
- Limited Tax queries (Note: this includes quick query calls and e-mails. Major transactions or more detailed advice may be extra, but we include most things)
- Subscription support calls/emails
From $495 per month
- Quarterly or Monthly BAS review and lodgement
- Quarterly 30 minute skype or face-to-face review meetings
- Annual Employee Payment Summaries – review and lodgement
- Individual income tax returns for 2 people
From $770 per month
- Monthly 30 minute skype or face-to-face management meetings to review how the business is travelling
- Monthly KPI monitoring
So why change to cloud computing?
- Sign up over the phone and in 30 minutes you’ll have your Xero login code – then you’re ready to go.
- Pay a monthly subscription – there are no surprise invoices.
- Easy online access to your accounting software from anywhere
- Updates are delivered immediately and across all delivery modes – no more problems with version control or data migration
- You can build your own package of accounting services
- Immediate service – when you sign up you get immediate access to your new accounting software and have your first strategy meeting scheduled for a time that suits you.
- It means you can run your business from anywhere – why should invoicing, payroll and performance monitoring stop if you’re away from the business?
- A qualified accountant is assigned to your business – meaning you keep that personal touch, but you can contact your accountant online and get immediate responses
- Your accountant has real-time access to the information that will help your business.
- When you ask your personal accountant a question, they can answer it quickly using your latest financial data that’s at our fingertips.
Cloud Business Bookkeeping Solutions
Salisbury’s is affiliated with a specialist virtual bookkeeping service, Notch Above Bookkeeping.
Contact us for more information on managing your bookkeeping on (02) 6041 3014.
11 Reasons Our Accountants (and our Clients) at Salisbury Accountants & Business Advisors All Love (Yes, Love) Using Xero and Why Training Clients In How to Best Use Xero is So Easy
Xero is the best thing to happen to accounting software in 20 years. If you’re not using Xero for your accounting, you’re missing out.
As you can tell, at Salisbury Accountants & Business Advisors we love Xero. Our clients love it too. Weird, huh? Using the word ‘love’ in relation to accounting software seems strange doesn’t it? (Even for us accountants!)
Our accountants are now implementing Xero with virtually all our business clients. As a result, Salisbury Accountants & Business Advisors is (at the time of writing) now a Xero Silver Partner in NSW and edging towards Xero Gold status.
This means when you get started with Xero with us, you’re not only in expert ‘Xero Guru’ hands (we use Xero for our own business’ accounting and payroll), you’re dealing with accountants who are enthusiastic and keen to help and train you in how to best use Xero.
And enthusiasm counts.
I hear it every day here, when accountants are on the phone speaking with clients who are being stepped through our Xero Setup & Training Package. Our team’s passion for this brilliant time-saving, stress-reducing piece of technology just comes out in how they explain it to clients.
Enthusiasm rubs off.
If you’re anything like all our clients who have switched to Xero already, we know you’ll be just as enthusiastic as we are about how easy and pleasurable Xero is to use.
Here are 11 reasons we know you will love Xero and love getting started on Xero with us at Salisbury Accountants & Business Advisors:
- Data files, gone: Because Xero is online accounting software, you can kiss good-bye the hassle of sending disks or transferring large accounting data files. Life’s too short to have to deal with that anymore.
- Version control issues, gone: This also means you (and we) can kiss good-bye the related hassle of ‘which is the up-to-date version of the data file again’? Xero eliminates any ‘version control’ issues that can happen, for example, if you send your accounting data file into your accountant, and then edit it on your end. This old way of doing things is just fraught with chances for error.
- Real-time speed: Being online and always knowing you (and we) are working with the most recent version of your accounting data, we can help you in real-time. You call up with a question, we log in with a few clicks, look at your Xero at the same time you are, and answer your questions on the spot. Easy! And fast.
- Data entry drastically reduced: Data entry is so last century. Why, in this day and age, when all the transaction data (amounts, account name, supplier/customer info, etc.) is already available in your banking data, should you have to manually re-enter it into your accounting software? Or even have to do a clumsy export of a CSV file and then upload it? Clunky! What a waste of your time and money! (Plus that manual data entry introduces plenty of chances for human error.) Xero automatically brings ‘live feeds’ of your bank account and credit card transaction data straight in. No keyboards touched. No download chore. No upload chore. Go have a glass of wine or put your feet up instead.
- Better decision making: Old-fashioned software that makes you mind your own business (code for ‘manually do your own bookkeeping’) also puts your business at a disadvantage because your accounting data is lagging behind reality. The data entry issue (apart from the costly waste of it) causes a delay in your accounting data becoming up-to-date. A modern business needs information that is real-time, always up-to-date. How else can you make effective business decisions?
- Mobility, flexibility, lifestyle: You’ll love this one. You can access your accounting data and management dashboard in Xero from anywhere, from any device with an internet connection. You can see your individual account balances, outstanding invoices, overall cash position, and more. These days, you can run your business from an iPad or similar tablet device. Xero have a great iPhone and mobile app too. This means you can have a more flexible lifestyle in running your business, and have certainty over the financials and banking when you are not physically present in your business. Go on, call that travel agent now.
- Expense claims simplified: Speaking of which … Xero lets you take photos of your receipts for easy inclusion in your (and your team members’) expense claims. That is so efficient and avoids the accumulation of lots of receipts. Again, real-time is the key. And easy.
- Data entry slashed, again: The ‘Rules’ function in Xero is very clever. You can easily train Xero to know that certain types of transactions should be coded (according to your Chart of Accounts) in certain ways. It’s smart enough to be flexible. Amounts can change, the wording in the transaction can change, but as long as there are certain keywords or other criteria (such as paid with a particular credit card) in a Rule, then Xero codes all such transactions automatically from then on. Go on. Grab another wine. You have time now.
- Free online support: Xero includes free online support and their training resources are world class. This means it’s easy to find answers and get up to speed with Xero. We include training in our package when we get you started with Xero. This makes sure you get off on the right foot with your Xero implementation.
- Better communication: We find that Xero encourages better communication and a closer relationship between accountant and client. The ease of logging in together, looking at the same data together, and moving at speed just makes everything work so smoothly. We’re more in tune with you, and you get quick answers and even better advice (thanks to the real-time data) from us.
- The innovation keeps coming: Xero just keep innovating. With cloud-based applications like Xero, you never have to manually run software updates (or bother with data back-ups!). Xero just update the software and back-up your data for you. That’s two more hassles removed from your life. Every 3 to 6 weeks Xero does a new software release with new and improved features. They are quite an inspirational company to watch in that regard … but from your perspective, you know you are dealing with a company providing you with the very latest in time-saving and decision-making technology.
Who ever thought accounting software could be so good?
If you’d like to talk with us about getting started with Xero, give us a call on 02 6041 3014 or contact our resident ‘Xero Guru’ accountant, Emily Deery who will give you a call and have a chat with you to answer your questions and explain how our Xero Setup & Training Package works. You’ll be pleased to know it is priced up front so you know exactly what the costs will be in advance.
We like to work that way with everything we do for clients.
By the way, if you’re not in Albury, don’t let that stop you contacting us. These days with web meetings and the remote login possible with Xero, we find we are helping clients all around Australia and even ex-pats around the world.